Saturday, July 26, 2008

Nathan's 7th Birthday

Nathan, my oldest grand child turned 7 on July 19th. He's such a fun kid and so smart. One thing I really like about him is how much he loves his brothers. That brother bonding thing is really special and he's a great big brother. He wanted me to make a monster truck cake for his birthday. I said, "Good! Can I just put a monster truck on top?" Oh, no....that's not what he had in mind. So here's what we came up with. I found that even if your monster truck looks like a jalopy the kids think it's great. That's what's nice about kids.
We usually eat dinner, then clean up the table before having cake and opening presents. This is what happens when you spend a little too much time in after dinner conversation without keeping an eye on Ed. I had just walked into the kitchen a minute before and the cake was fine. All I can say is that kid can scoot a bar stool eat a donut real fast!

1 comment:

Carla said...

That is a SUPER cute cake!!! It's a perfect little boys b-day cake. I always see the yummy food you make and think, "gee I wish they'd adopt me."