Monday, January 16, 2012

Another Sleepover



Kids love sleepovers, and we took the oportunity to have one for Kacy, Will, Ed, and Jessie while they were still on Christmas vacation. Karrie and Ryan dropped them off around 4:00 and headed off to Woolgrowers and and to see "War Horse."  We had lots of fun playing, then I let them decide what to have for dinner.  Kacy said she was really hungry and helped me cook everything.  They decided on tacos, chicken nuggets and fries. We added some veggies and fruit too. I have to say that I was really surprised how much they can eat!  We had had a good time watching movies before going to bed.  Kacy described in detail the proper way to brush your teeth, according to her mom.  I was impresssed that she had paid attention!  After a pancake, o.j.  and bacon breakfast the next morning we made a trip to the dollar store. I had taken them there last summer and now it's a sleepover tradition, I guess.  We stopped off for a Frosty at Wendy's on the way home. The afternoon was spent playing with our dollar store purchases,making some crafts and going on a long walk.  Jessie wanted me to carry her, and I convinced her that Clara had walked that far so she could, too!  I really wished I could keep them a couple more days, but I loaded up the truck and headed up the mountain after feeding Granny and sending Papa to work at 4:00. We made it there around dusk.  It was fun to see the progress on the "big" house.  Ryan had two YM there helping.  Kacy was excited to have been invited to another sleepover that night.

1 comment:

jlbunting.com said...

How fun! I know I loved spending the night at my grandparents' house when I was a kid. They are all lucky to have you! Happy New Year!