Thursday, October 23, 2008

David's 59th Birthday

We celebrated Mr. Irreplaceable's birthday last week and his neglectful wife didn't take the opportunity to blog about it. So, I am about to redeem myself. As I have said before, he is an almost perfect husband and irreplaceable in every way. I don't know what I would do without him. Because he has been "on reserve" at work, we have had a glimpse of what retirement is like. A few overdue projects around the house have been knocked off the list and he's been able to go with me to the temple. The men on my shift have got to know him pretty well and want him to work there as almost as much as me. We have been learning Spanish while driving, so I can now ask you if you want something to eat if you come to my house and don't know that's what we do here. And, I can find out how much beer costs at a restaurant and ask you where you're from. Anyway, he's a great guy and we're looking forward to lots more years together. He prefers pie over cake, so I made a bunch and got some from Marie Calendar's for his birthday. He's been eating them all week. We had a nice dinner for him. My brother Loren and his wife Carla happened to be staying with us for a few days, so they helped us celebrate along with Anita and Randy, Ellen and the kids and grandkids.

No comments: